Monday, August 1, 2016

The obligatory first post

Heyo!

This is my blog, revived! 2.0! Here's who I am:

My name's Lynn, and I live in Michigan! (hey, it's exciting for me) As it says on the little sidebar to the left, I'm a Christian, husband, father, and student of theology. I have a lot of other attributes and qualities, but that hits the gist of it.

What is this blog about?

In a word: theology.
In two words: Christian theology.

Ok ok. So I do a lot of thinking, in my apartment and abroad, about theology. I do a lot of reading about theology. On very good days, I get to do a lot of talking about theology. I've been looking at various theological blogs lately and thought, "Oh man, that was really informative. I have some thoughts. I wonder if others would find them informative!" Other times I've thought, as I am wont to think, "Wow, I strongly disagree with that. I should leave a comment to express myself. But wait... it will just be a comment. I need a blog to explain why I believe differently!"

Thus my interest in blogging has been renewed. I say "renewed" because if someone reading this knew me during my time at Southern Nazarene University you would know that I started this blog as a kind of "digital portfolio" for my papers and projects there. It has been approximately 3 years since I've touched this site. In three years I've graduated, moved twice, attended a seminary, and am currently prepping to start classes at another seminary this fall.

It is my intention that this blog will serve whomever reads it. My aim is to provide well thought out positions on various theological topics. I invite conversation, and welcome comments and emails. Usually what I write about will be spurred by something I've done recently, be it a book or blog I've read, a sermon I've heard, or a conversation I've had. Hopefully by reading what I put here someone will be informed or enlightened regarding a particular topic. At the very least, I hope someone thinks, "Huh, I hadn't thought about it that way before" and that this thinking is useful to them in some way.

So there it is! My first post. I'm trying to decide what my second post should be, since I didn't start a blog to write a first post about myself and what I want the blog to be about. I'll post another... post in a bit.

(insert salutation here)
-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment